Thursday, April 21, 2011

Deep Clean: Your Best Friend!!!

There is one tool that I can't do without when I am trying to deep clean anywhere in my house, but especially sinks and taps.  My trusty toothbrush.

If you are not the type of person who enjoys a sparklingly clean house then you may not have a cleaning toothbrush in your arsenal yet.  Once you start using one to clean gunk out of hard to reach areas, you will find its' thoroughness becomes addictive.  The best way to stock up is to stop by your local dollar store and buy a 6-pack of el-cheapo toothbrushes.  Once they get dirty just throw them in the wash with some bleach and off you go!

An issue I struggle with that this post just made me think about is the purchasing of items from dollar stores.  My opinion waffles back and forth on this subject.  Are the products produced with slave labour?  Maybe, probably.  Are more expensive toothbrushes produced the same way?  Maybe, probably.  Are there better options or is everything just greenwashed?  If anyone has insight into this issue I would love to hear about it.