Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Introducing the Clean Freak Calendar

So I finally finished the first version of my Clean Freak Calendar.  Please find it here on my webpage.  I have been thinking about doing this for a long time for several reasons.  These include:
  1. The job of managing.  It takes time and energy to manage a cleaning schedule.  What gets done when?  Who is doing it?  Did it get done?  These are the questions of the manager.  My Clean Freak Calendar answers the first question.  Taking a few minutes once a week to assign tasks answers the second and the third?  That's a tough one.  I would love to hear from my readers how they ensure that cleaning jobs get done in the house. 
  2. I need it myself.  Between my masters and my business I am often tired at the end of the day.  I don't want to think about: When was the last time I cleaned the bathroom?  What is my top priority right now?  By creating a cleaning list I know that things are getting done as often as they should and I get to not think about it.  I also get to not feel guilty or worry that I am being a slob.  I just do what is on my list and it often takes much less than half an hour.
  3. Other people need it.  What I notice with some people is that they want a clean house they just don't know how to do it.  This ranges from not knowing how to clean to not knowing when to clean to not knowing what to clean.  Often we assume that people know all of these things when sometimes they have never been taught.  My calendar will keep your house clean and tidy with a manageable amount of effort.  
My purpose in creating my Clean Freak system is to give people more space and time in their homes with less stress.  Stop freaking out about your house being messy and start using a manageable system that over time will help you create a home that you are proud to call your own.