Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Product Review: Eco Mist Calcium & Lime

I've reviewed another Eco Mist product quite a while ago.  I tend to use a basic set of cleaning supplies so I don't get around to product testing very often.  However, when I was in Home Depot one afternoon, I spotted a wicked sale.  It was for Eco Mist Calcium & Lime and it was on sale for only $3.00 for a gallon!  The price was so low that the cashier double checked it.  You know you are getting a good deal when that happens. 

Once I started using it I must admit to being quite satisfied.  Again, like other Eco Mist products, it is unscented, which I like.  It has a slight alkaline scent, kinda like how baking soda smells, but not at all off-putting.  I am assuming that this is from the pH level of the solution being basic like baking soda.  It's times like these that I wish I was still dating my biochemist boyfriend because he could have filled me in on all the details!  Oh well.

So, on to the product.  I put it in a squirt bottle for ease of application.  So far I have used it to shine up metal faucets, glass doors and ceramic tile.  I just spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes and then use a microfibre cloth to scrub, scrub, scrub.  In general I tend to chip away at stubborn stains rather than exhaust myself and perhaps damage the surface by using a lot abrasiveness whether that be from a tool or my hand power.  As well, I have removed shower heads and let them sit in the sink covered in my Calcium & Lime solution.

This is a product that I highly recommend!